A swimming pool is a fun addition to any home, but you need to ensure that it is safe and secure to avoid accidents and drowning incidents. One of the most effective and easiest ways to make your pool more secure and safe is to install glass railings. Not only is it easy on your budget, it can also add to the beauty of your pool area.
Glass railing systems serve as efficient barriers between your pets or children and the pool. They can also raise your property’s total aesthetic value. But glass railings are not a popular choice because they are pretty and cheap – there is more to them than meets the eye.
The Benefits of Glass Railings as Pool Fences
If the low prices and fancy designs are not enough to convinced you, then maybe the following benefits will:
- Since glass railings are transparent material, homeowners get a full, clear view of the pool even from afar. Not only does it look great, you can always check on the occupants of the pool from afar. This means you can keep your eye out on cases of accidents or drowning.
- People see glass as a subtle, yet elegant material. It’s a favored material in interior design because it complements almost anything. So no matter what your pool looks like, glass railings will match your theme in a perfect way. Glass is not loud and will not take the attention away from your pool area; instead, it will also contribute to its beauty.
- Pools will always be wet, and if your railing materials are wood or metal, the water can damage the material over time. Glass is a durable material that can withstand constant moisture. It is also resistant against corrosion caused by the elements. Pools are outdoors so you should choose your railing material with care. Glass stays durable against extreme weather conditions are changing temperatures.
- Contrary to popular belief, not everything made from glass is easy to break. Glass railing systems like Invisirail come from crafted and tempered glass that is unbreakable and sturdy. They can withstand heavy winds and absorb moderate impact. Tempered and crafted glass also has a long lifespan.
- Cleaning glass railings are easy because of their smooth surface. Since glass doesn’t absorb stains, you can wipe away stains and dirt using sponge wipes and some glass cleaner. You don’t need to slave over them for hours just to get them to shine and sparkle.
- You don’t need to be a professional to install glass railing systems. Compared to metal or wood railings, glass railing installations are so easy that even DIY beginners can do it. You need to secure the stainless steel spigots to the ground. After that, you mount the glass panels on the spigots.
- Aside from easy clean-up, general maintenance is also a breeze with glass railings. Since they do not corrode and rust, you don’t need to take any special precaution. Of course, this does not mean you should just neglect your railings. But at least glass doesn’t need constant checking on a regular basis for varnish fading or smoothing over cracks and chips.
- Interior designers use glass for small apartments and condos to give the impression that a space is larger than it is. This concept also applies to glass railing systems for pools. If your backyard is small, glass railings can make it look larger and more spacious. Glass has this effect on spaces because of its transparent material.
- You can customize the design and look of your glass railings. Contrary to popular belief, design choices are not limited when it comes to glass. Glass railings, when treated, come with different tints. Aside from treated tints, you can also engrave the glass with writing and even artwork.
- While some materials may be cheaper than glass railings, the latter can save you more money in the long run. Because glass railings are easy to maintain, you don’t need to worry about frequent touch ups or repairs. It is also durable, meaning it would take years before you need to consider having your glass panels replaced.
- Glass railing systems don’t succumb to pressure and shock. This means it can withstand tampering by hostile individuals like thieves or vandals.
- Glass railing systems might seem like a small change for you, but it can do a lot for your home’s total property value. If you plan to sell your house someday, glass railings can give you the leverage you need in raising the asking price for your property.
So you see, glass railing systems make great additions to your pool side area. Not only are they efficient in making your pools more secure, they also come along with a myriad of benefits for the long term. Call now for more information on our durable and affordable glass railing systems.