How to Install InvisiRail Glass Railings
Innovative and modern, InvisiRail glass railing systems are designed to maximize visibility through your railing without sacrificing strength or durability. InvisiRail prides itself on being the only glass railing system on the market that spans up to 6ft and comes in over 20 standard widths, making it so we can accommodate any deck dimension at an affordable price. Easy to maintain and looks great both indoors and outdoors, choosing InvisiRail for your home is a no-brainer!
If you’ve made the decision to elevate your space and install InvisiRail, you might have some questions about how to properly install it to ensure that building codes are followed, and your railing system remains safe for years to come.
Installing InvisiRail will be a breeze if you have had experience installing decks or railings, and are comfortable with using power tools. We recommend that you have at least one other person available to assist you with installation, since moving our glass panels, which can weigh up to 100 lbs each, may be difficult. You will also need to have the following:
- Tape measure
- Drill with assorted bits, including a T-40 bit for deck fasteners and a 10mm hex socket if connecting to aluminum or wood posts
- Shims for fine height adjustment to help in pin alignment during glass installation
- Washers for flange base adjustment to ensure posts are plumb during installation
- Two (2) short pieces of 2”x4” or 4”x4” to support glass during installation
- Pipe cutter or saw with a carbide-tipped metal cutting blade if installing stainless steel handrail or top rail
Our extensive installation manual has all the ins and outs of the installation process to help you proceed with your installation confidently and correctly. A physical copy of this installation manual is included with your order.
If you still have questions regarding installation, you can contact your dealer and/or our InvisiRail headquarters at 1-888-681-9733. Please be sure to provide any order info you may have (i.e. estimate/sales order number, dealer name, order date, etc.), because the more info that can be provided, the quicker we may be able to assist you!
Enjoy your new InvisiRail system!